Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EARTHQUAKE! 4-23-2011

Well, as so many already are aware, we experienced and earthquake yesterday! It was SCARY! And mild, but nevertheless we(I) was really shaken up. It started as a low rumble, and I asked Josh was that was. He didnt respond as he was waiting and feeling for more. There was more. The rumble got slightly worse and I asked if he thought it was an earthquake - He said "Yes" I then became a little more nervous, asked in a rushed tone where he thought we should be and flew under my kitchen table with Henry. My only thoughts were that it was going to get worse and we needed to be somewhere safe. It turns out that it was a very shallow but wide reaching quake. Thank goodness no one was hurt, and there is very little damage. Noted damage: Some of the spires on the DC Temple have cracked or fallen off, and there is a cathedral in DC with some damage. There are rumors that the Washington Monument has some cracks near the top and is closed until further notice for more inspection. I am just truly grateful we are safe. Sorry for all the worry people experienced in SLC. Our phones were out of service for several hours and the majority of DC was evacuated and the phone and networks were swamped. Here is the little damage we experienced.

No comments: