Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And the world keeps turning....

We visited the Cherry Blossom festival at the Jefferson Memorial this last weekend. It was beautiful! You know those places you can go where you just feel calm, and peace, and you could just sit with your eyes closed for hours? Thats how the Jefferson Memorial would be if there werent SO MANY PEOPLE! I forget sometimes that we live in such a tourist-y place.... It was beautiful though.
Other places that are like that for me are:
-The Temple...obviously
-The waterfall in the Pilippines that we hiked to... I dont remember its name, but it was incredible. Id go back to the Philippines just for that hike and waterfall again. We had to hike through rice paddies, and down a mountain, and up a mountain... Josh showed me this amazing flower that the Philippinas call "Shy Shy" If you touch it, the petals pull in. Isnt that incredible!
-Old Towne Alexandria's waterfront
-Utah's Mountains
.....More to come I'm sure. Those are just the ones Ive been most recently thinking about.
I have started working out doing Jazzercize! WOOT WOOT! Alright, Its kinda for old ladies, but I really enjoy it, and there's free babysitting! It doesnt get much better then that...oh wait! The class is free too! Wish me luck! I'm hoping to get in shape, eat better, and STAY in shape!
Easter fell on conference weekend this year. I love when things like that happen. Like when Christmas falls on a Sunday. I didnt get as much out of conference as I would have liked due to 1. Having a curious, mischievious little boy, and 2. I was planning and preparing for a dinner with 10 people.... naughty, I know. It was great though to spend the holiday evening with friends though, because when you are so far away from home, friends are family. And everyone, EVERYONE needs family around an special days.
Until my next random entry.... Adios!

No comments: