Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grumpy moment?

I try hard to steer away from adding grumpy moments on my blog...but ya gotta hear this one...
I went to the dentist today (Grumpy #1)
The assistant comes in to chit chat with me like she usually does. I have recently been to the dentist several times trying to fix my poor little mouth...Yes, I do my part to add to the problem, but I like to mostly blame it on genetics. My grandma had dentures by the time she was...17 I think. Thanks Grandma!
The assistant asks about my little boy, and proceeds to tell me about her son (now 11) and her ex-hubby. She tells me all about how every man cheats. They just do. She used horrible language. I then told her I was happy with my husband and confident that he would never cheat and that not every man cheats....
(Crappy conversation with the assistant while waiting for the dentist...Grumpy #2)
Well, I am mostly trying to avoid her conversing with me as much as possible and then she excitedly asks "Are you pregnant?!" (GRUMPY #3)...Uh...WHAT?! Okay, yes, I think I ate my way around Utah, and did come home with a little extra baggage, and yes, I was sitting totally upright in the dentist chair in pants that were probably a little tight around my waist and showing all the wrong curves, but come on.... I politely tell her that I am not preggo, and then guess what she does....YEP, she goes on to tell me where I can find an 8 Pound HULA HOOP to help loose the weight. Yep, HER WORDS!!! (GRUMPY #4) What?! Who is this woman?! What if I am totally and completely happy with my physical appearance?! Maybe I wouldnt be bothered then huh... Whatever.
Marcus was good today and we were able to spend about an hour outside. I really enjoyed it.
I know I'm a weenie, but Im still slightly, a little bit, not comfortable sleeping alone, or sleeping in total darkness...yes, I said it. I am scared of the dark. Why? You could ask one of my sisters dumb boyfriends growing up. I wont bore you with that story. I bring it up because it's almost 11pm - way past my bed time - and my sweet husband is picking some friends up from an airport that is an hour away... He wont me home until close to 1am I guess....so.... what should I do? Maybe a movie will help me fall asleep.... I'll let you know. Have a really great night dear world.
-C

2 comments:

Hay said...

Oh Christen! I am so sorry! Who the heck does she think she is? I think you look fabulous, and she is a bitter person and needs to take her comments and shove them...you can tell her I said so! Just know I LOVE you to death, and would kill to look like you! Josh is a great man, and anyone that knows you or him knows he is amazing! I love you!

Britt said...

LAME. I'm sorry!