Sunday, January 4, 2015

holding hands and crying babies

It's 8:42pm on Sunday January 4th- for any Downton watchers you are probably wondering what I am doing writing?! well, my baby is screaming for me. right next to my room. Ive spent the majority of the day entertaining, feeding, reading, cleaning, bathing these two darlings of mine, hoping that by 7:55pm they would be worn out enough to have a peaceful bedtime. WRONG- It probably sounds funny reading it, but I am actually getting more frustrated by the minute. After returning to my baby girls room after letting her cry for 15 minutes to rock her and sing more songs, and repeat to her over and over that its sleep time and watch her nod her head, she lays down, and lets me rub her back, she holds my hand (which by the way is the only silver lining of my missing my show- my only request for the day) I sneak out and she's back to screaming. I am sure it is ONLY because I so desperately wanted to have sleeping babies at 8pm that I do not- Back to her holding my hand. (if I cant get myself to write about a tender moment, because thats how grumpy I am) I reached between the slats of her crib to rub her tiny hand. I dont feel that way most days now, she's growing- all the time! I constantly feel like she is bigger then 5 minutes before, but not tonight. not as she lays bundled up in her bed. her tiny hand- her little fingers grab mine, and I could almost sit there forever. While Im a little grumpy, okay a lot, that she's still screaming, yes, even at the end of this post, I'm grateful for the one sweet moment. I did, actually, enjoy today. We read a million books, and played candy land. Josh and Henry built a lego city, and we enjoyed dinner together as a family. It was a good day- Here's to hoping little miss falls asleep SOON!

No comments: