Monday, March 29, 2010

Ya win some, ya lose some

Is it morning already? We seemed to have a rough night last. Poor Henry. I woke up to him grunting around is his crib around 11:45 last night to find his swimming in vommit. Yes, everywhere. His poor head was covered and everything in his crib needed to be washed. He smelled terrible and looked at me as if to say sweetly "mommy, my tummy hurts" It explains why I couldn't get him to eat any solids last night.
We took off his clothes, threw him in the tub, and he sat there, so tired, and not sure why he was in the water sooo late. I knew that Henry would not be able to sleep in his crib because his mattress was soaked, so we pulled the air mattress out by daddy, waking him up in the process...sorry daddy! Henry quickly fell back to sleep, but we woke up this morning to find that he still is so sick to him tummy. Whats a mommy to do??
We found out last night that Josh did not make it on to the moot board. I think he's a little disappointed. He worked so hard this last week, and I think would have really enjoyed that work. I think he may be frustrated that during his second round the judges told him that they really liked some of the vocabulary he used, and in his third and final round he was told that the same vocabulary shouldn't have been used. How is that fair? He should get a redo, but I'm a little biased.
I havent told you yet, however, the good news! Josh has been offered 2 different jobs. One working this summer for the attorney general in the civil department. He has yet to accept it because has an interview with the public safety department on tuesday. The other position is working in the fall or spring semester for the federal defender. He is really excited about this position. Apparently he has had several big cases go before the supreme court.... Im not entirely sure what that means. Only that it is a really great thing, and my husband is happy. Thats all that matters.
Well, I'm back to visiting Marcus this week. Its been nice to be off, but we have missed him too. Wish me luck!
-Until next time....

2 comments:

Michelle said...

CONGRATS on two job offers . . . that is awesome! Let us know what happens after Tuesday . . .

Hay said...

Oh the joys of being a wife and mom, sounds like you have all had a rough week! I wanna know more about these job offers!