Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Asian Salad

So, I was invited over to Emily's house this week (She is in my ward) to play while we mostly watched her little Jonah play. She made this salad that I just thought was amazing, which was amazing, because I'm not much of a salad eater. I'd thought I'd share her recipe. Hope she doesnt mind!

This recipe is a "add however much you want of what you like the most!" kind of recipe, so I'm just going to tell you how much I added for mine.

Lettuce (Just iceberg is great)
Shredded napa cabbage
Chicken - 2 tenderloins grilled or boiled, and then cubed, I like it cut really really little
Toasted almond slivers
(@ 325 for 15 minutes to toast)
Green onions - I used 3 stems

Dressing:
4T sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
4 T rice vinegar

Bring to a boil, cool, and add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil - whisk together. VERY YUMMY!!!

Thanks Emily!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mmmmmmm . . . this stuff is delicious! Thanks for posting it!